Lotus Fitness and Thai Boxing Inc. is committed to providing an environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Harassment is defined as “engaging in a course of vexatious comment or conduct that is known or ought reasonably to be known to be unwelcome.”
Examples of harassment include (but are not limited to)
- Epithets, remarks, jokes or innuendos related to a person’s race, gender identity, gender expression, body type, sex, disability, sexual orientation, creed, age, or any other ground
- Posting or circulating offensive pictures, graffiti or materials, whether in print form or via e-mail or other electronic means
- Singling out a person for humiliating or demeaning “teasing” or jokes because they are a member of a particular group of people.
Comments ridiculing a person because of characteristics that are related to a ground of discrimination. For example, this could include comments about a person’s body, dress, speech or other practices that may be related to their sex, race, gender identity or creed
Examples of Sexual and gender-based harassment can include (but are not limited to)
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Suggestive or offensive remarks or innuendoes about members of a specific gender
- Leering or inappropriate staring
- Bragging about sexual prowess or questions or discussions about sexual activities
- Rough and vulgar humour or language related to gender
- Propositions of physical intimacy or demands for dates or sexual favours
If you are a victim of harassment or discrimination by an employee or another member, or witness it, please speak to any Lotus Fitness instructor or employee of your choice, or email into email@example.com requesting a specific instructor or employee contact you to discuss. You will be protected from retaliation and the matter will be held in strict confidence.
Harassment and discrimination will not be tolerated, condoned or ignored at Lotus Fitness. If a claim of harassment or discrimination is proven, consequences ranging from being given official notice and written warning, orders to cease all interactions with the harassed person, to dismissal of employment/expulsion of membership will be considered.